Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tropical Peach Cobbler

2- (30 oz.) cans sliced peaches; drained
1- French Vanilla cake mix; dry
2- (8 oz.) cans mandarin oranges; drained
1- can Orange soda
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 stick of butter; cut into slices
3/4 cup brown sugar

Line a 12" Dutch oven with heavy duty foil. Add peaches, oranges, and cinnamon. Stir to mix. Sprinkle brown sugar over fruit. Dump cake mix in a large pile over center of fruit. Make a well in the center of the cake mix. Pour orange soda into the well then stir cake mix in to moisten. Spread mixture evenly over fruit. Dot top with butter.
Place lid on Dutch oven and bake using 8-10 briquettes bottom and 14-16 briquettes top for 45-60 minutes.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Serves: 8-10

3 comments:

Kathy said...

This cobbler is fantastic!!!

jen hulet said...

If you cooked in the oven, what temp would you set it to, it sounds so yummy,but I would like to use my oven!!

Brian and Brandy said...

I think 350 try that! I would guess the same as directed on the box of cake mix I think its 350!
let me know?