Thursday, March 19, 2009

Orange Slice Cookies

2 c. shortning
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. white sugar

Cream together and add:
4 eggs
4 tsp. vanilla

Then add:
5 1/3 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt

Mix well and add:
12 Tablespoons milk
4 c. oatmeal

Stir in:
4 c. rice krispies
2 c. coconut
1 c. nuts
3 c. orange slices cut small
You can also add 3/4 c. applesauce

Roll into balls and bake at 375-400 for 10-12 minutes. These are excellent! Different but very good! But they make a lot! I have also halved the recipe. I don't really roll them into balls either. I just do them like you would chocolate chip cookies. I sometimes add the applesauce and sometimes not. It makes them a little moister but not really much difference.

Note: if you cut the recipe in half, add 2 1/2 cups flour plus 2 Tbls and 2 tsps. I also freeze my orange slices and them hit them several times with a mallet to break into smaller pieces... so much faster than cutting them individually!

No comments: