Friday, April 10, 2009

Grandma's Fruit Salad



1 (29 oz.) can fruit cocktail drained
1 sm. can pineapple tidbits drained
1 (14 oz.) can mandarin oranges drained
2-3 bananas
2-3 c. mini marshmallows
1 small pkg. instant coconut cream pudding
8 oz. cool whip thawed

Open cans of fruit and put in a stainer to drain liquid. Mix pudding according to directions on box and refrigerate for a few minutes. In a large bowl mix together fruit, sliced bananas and marshmallows. Remove pudding from fridge and stir in cool whip. Add pudding/cool whip mixture to fruit mixture and stir well. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. It is best on the same day you make it.

Note: I got this recipe from my mom. We always had it at Thanksgiving and other occasions throughout the year. I remember requesting it one year for my birthday dinner. Brian requested it this year for our Easter dinner so I thought I should probably post the recipe! Enjoy!!!

No comments: