Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dutch Oven Enchiladas

This is one of my favorite dinners. I cover my dutch oven with tin foil, for easy clean up and just bake in the oven on 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.

1 large onion chopped
2 pounds ground beef
1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
3/4 pound of cheddar cheese, grated
8 flour tortillas
1 cup sour cream

Cook onion and ground beef. In large bowl combine beef, tomato soup, and enchilada sauce. In Dutch oven, place a 1/4 inch layer of sauce. Cover this mixture with a layer of tortillas, tearing to cover. Cover tortillas with cheese. Place another layer of sauce, tortillas and cheese, repeating until all mixture is used. Top with cheese. Place lid on dutch oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling and heated through. Serve with sour cream. Serves 8.

1 comment:

Brian and Brandy said...

I'm so glad your finally bloggin
it's so fun I love this recipe I make it almost every camping trip!
your blogs way cute!