Monday, April 25, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

2 pkg. shredded hashbrowns
1 cube butter
2 c. sour cream
2 cans. cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. minced onion
salt
pepper
4 c. shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
crushed potato chips (optional)

Thaw hashbrowns in microwave. Approx. 5 min. per package. Melt butter in large bowl. Add hashbrowns, sour cream, soup, and about 3 cups of cheese. You can add more cheese if desired. I like alot:). I never measure my onion, salt or pepper. I just sprinkle a thin layer before I add the cheese. Stir it all together and spread into a greased 10x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with cheese and crushed potato chips. Cover with foil and bake at 325° for 1 1/2 hours or until heated through.

Tip: For best flavor include 1 c. sharp shredded cheese in with the cheese.
You can also bake at 350° for 1 hour. If I have time, I prefer the lower temp though.

No comments: