Saturday, January 22, 2011

Skillet

1 lb. hamburger
minced onion
1/2 tsp. oregano
salt & pepper
5 c. elbow macaroni (un-cooked)
5 chicken bouillon cubes
5 c. hot water (approx.)
1-2 cans evaporated milk
2-3 c. grated cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger seasoning it with salt, pepper and minced onion to taste. I also add the oregano and chicken bouillon at this point. When hamburger is completely browned, drain if necessary. Mix dry macaroni in with the hamburger mixture. Add enough water to just barely cover macaroni. If you add too much water at this point, just add a little more macaroni so the noodle/hamburger mixture is just covered. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for approx. 15 minutes or until noodles are tender. Add evaporated milk and cheese. Stir until cheese melts and serve.

This is one of our most favorite meals. I love it because the skillet is the only pan that gets dirty:). I always use 2 cans of milk and I never measure my cheese. I just add about 3 handfuls or so. You could also substitute the chicken bouillon and water for chicken broth/stock. Easy and delicious... it doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: