Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yummy Low-Cal Tropical Smoothie

2 Tbls. skim milk
1 to 1 1/3  c. crushed ice (or 6-9 ice cubes)
3-4 whole frozen strawberries
1/3 c. drained mandarin oranges
1 rounded tsp. orange sunrise crystal light powder (I use the wal-mart brand)
1/3 c. water
1 capful coconut extract
1 capful vanilla extract

Blend until smooth. Enjoy! The magic bullet works perfectly for this! I figured the calories once and I should have written it down then but I didn't... I think it was just over 80 calories. I'm sure you could change the fruit, crystal light, extract combination to make more yummy smoothies... I like this one so much that I haven't felt a need to change it up yet! The crushed ice works far better than the cubes too:)

You can substitue 1/2 of a fresh orange or 1 fresh mandarin orange for the canned mandarin oranges. I really like using the canned mandarin oranges, the smoothies come out smoother that way. lol... I buy the small cans (11.5 oz. I think), drain them and divide them into thirds. Just put the other 2 thirds into separate baggies and refrigerate for later.

No comments: