Monday, October 20, 2008

Potato Salad

Recipe from the kitchen of Grandma Leah

6 potatoes boiled, cooled & diced
6 eggs hard boiled & diced
1/2 onion grated or dried minced onion reconstituted
salt and pepper to taste

1 c. mayonnaise
2 Tbl. Miracle Whip
1 or 2 tsp. sugar
1 or 2 tsp. dill pickle juice

Mix last 4 ingredients together. Layer potatoes, eggs, onion, salt and pepper. Pour mayo mixture over all and gently mix. Mix more dressing if needed. Chill.

Note: I steam my potatoes in a steamer and when they are cool, I dice them with the peel on them. I like it just as much as I do without the peel and it is SO much easier:). I also use an egg slicer to dice the eggs. Just slice them once and turn them and slice again.

Pressure cooker: dice raw potatoes. Add eggs to pot on top of rack or steamer basket. Add potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of water. Cook on high (I use the fresh vegetables setting on mine) for 6 minutes (check to see if potatoes are tender... if not, cook for 2 minutes more). When timer goes off do a quick pressure release. Pour into strainer in sink. Put eggs in ice water. Let potatoes cool and proceed as normal for the salad.

No comments: